Followers

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Unit 7 exercise



After performing the meeting Asciepius, I felt very relaxed and at peace. I felt like I had gotten closer to spiritual world and being with my dad. I would recommend this practice to family and friends. With all the stress that can sometimes consume our lives, it is wonderful to have these practices to follow to help us to relax.







The saying "one cannot lead another is where one has not gone himself" is telling me that if I am wanting to counsel someone on health and nutrition that I should be able to relate to my own struggles with weight loss. Since was overweight as child and now as an adult, I would be able to understand what emotions my clients has towards weight loss. It is easier to follow someone that has been through it than it is to follow someone that has no concept of what being overweight is like. If you have been physically fit all your life can you understand or be able to empathize with someone that has not been physically fit? If you walk a mile in another person's shoes, than you can experience what they are feeling.



I do feel I will have an obligation to my clients to help them spiritually, physically and psychologically. This is really the only way to achieve overall health, happiness and wholeness. We each have a responsibility to give our clients the best possible care. Though I am not in job that is in my degree area, I practice empathy, helpfullness and spiritual comfort on a daily basis. Sometimes I can associate what I have experienced before as a patient to help them be more comfortable about a procedure they are having done that done. An act of kindness and a smile can make a patient become more at ease and relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment