Followers

Monday, January 10, 2011

Unit 4 Blog exercise

As part of our weekly exercises we needed to listen to Practice 1: Loving-Kindness as well as track 2 the subtle mind. Within the loving kindness practice, I found it gave me peace and tranquility. I pictured my husband as my love in which I focused on and at the part we took in breathes to help someone close to us that was not feeling well, he weighed heavily on my mind. I came to more peace about what is happening in our lives right and I hope this exercise will help my husband also. The second part of the exercise I used a fellow co worker that has a family member that is terminally ill. I would recommend this practice to anyone, I think after doing this over a period of time you could really achieve the love happiness and subtle mind state.

The concept of "Mental Workout" refers to a daily commitment to practice human flourishing exercises. It takes dedicating time each day to achieve the appropriate results. It is suggested by Dacher to start by doing at least 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes in the afternoon until you work up to one hour per day. According to Dacher, after you dedicate yourself to theses exercises it will you to achieve "the progressive development of an expanded consciousness and its healing capabilities." (Dacher, 2006)

Reference:
Dacher, E (2006) Integral Health, The Path to Human Publishing, Basis Health Publications, Inc.

4 comments:

  1. Sending thoughts of loving-kindness to someone who is terminally ill is very important. A lot of times they go through a lot of pain. Daily medications and treatments do help, but nothing helps like the power of prayer, and loving thoughts, especially when you have a large number of people praying for you. I'm glad you chose this person and hope you continue to think about them in the future. I don't know if you've ever experienced a loss, but sincere thougths and prayers do get through. When my grandad passed away, we felt such an outpouring of love and support from locals and people far away who couldn't be there. Everyone's love and kindness really helped the family cope much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don,t know exactly what is happening in your life right now however i am glad that this exercise brought you some peace and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you felt such peace with the cd exercise. I believe this class is actually working to lower my blood pressure and makes your feel wonderful. What class makes listening to relaxing sounds a class project. I am glad you found the project this weekend helpful and I will send prayers your way and positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that you are using the loving kindness exercise to help other people that you know need that extra good energy. I myself found it really hard to finish the exercise, I finally had to just lock myself away from the rest of the world. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete