Followers

Monday, February 7, 2011

unit 8 blog post

After reviewing the exercises we have done this term, I believe my favorites are the loving kindness and meeting Asciepius. I would incorporate these exercises in my weekly routine along with relaxation techniques I already use. I have found the deep breathing exercises really work for the best for me. And believe right now, if I did not practice my relaxation techniques and my faith or spirituality, I would not be able to be as positive and up beat. I would set aside some time each day to practice my exercises, mainly in the evening hours when I really need to de-stress. The morning hours are when I try to exercise at the gym or walk outside. I would like learn about yoga. I can not take it on right now, but maybe in the future.

Life can be challenging, but it is your choice on how you will take care of it-either let the stress rule you or you rule the stress.

I am actually looking to the future and trying to find more information on wellness counseling using the relaxation techniques and spirituality. I have already information a spirituality training, that I may consider in the future. I do not want be an personal trainer that concentrates on the physical aspect side of it, but I want to do more of the wellness/spiritual counseling part.

This term has really been eye opening me. It has provides various options for the future. I hope all of you will continue to use your blog, and keep us updated on how you are progressing....

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    It is important to have control over the manner in which you deal with life's matters. We are not a society that deals with it very well, but this will change. Just as the importance of having a calm mind is the importance of having control over what you will say in a stressful situation, what we speak will happen. I am glad that this course has inspired you to continue on a learning journey toward mind-body-spirit wholeness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Judy:

    Thank you for your informative and helpful post. I believe it has given me that boost to try something new in order to aid in battling stress. There is so much to accomplish each and everyday that by the end of each busy and chatic day, I need to find a way to destress. Maybe if I work on my visualization and loving kindness exercises, it will make me feel calmer and on the path again. Thanks for waking me up and helping me to think and put these techniques into use and better perspectives.

    Yours in health,

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete