Followers

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Unit 10 Reflection


So, I went back to my Unit 3 post, I had stated my physical well-being was a three at point. I feel it has improved to a 6 right now. This due to recent battle with an upper respiratory infection and possible cystitis. I have been following my exercise routine until last Thursday when the infection and fever took control. I have been on total rest til next Thursday per Doctor's orders. I really miss my workout, it gives me so much energy.

My spiritual well being was an 8, so now it I would say it is about the same. Though I do feel I have improved my meditation techniques quite a bit. I hope to be at a 10 in by the end of the year.

My psychological well-being was at 5, I believe it is 8. Though I try not to let stress and other situations disturb my positive attitude, most days I can sit down at lunch and practice my deep breathing and I am able to refocus. But then there are days that aren't that easy.

This course has given the opportunity to learn new techniques to help me get to unity consciousness. It is an eye opening experience to see just how much your mental fitness really affects the rest of your fitness levels. I have implemented my exercise schedule and my relaxation techniques.

It has been great to see that there are others that are struggling with weight, spirituality and other life issues. We need to keep in tough through our blogs just a moral support. I plan to keep my blog updated.

3 comments:

  1. Judy,

    I agree with you on the way you feel when you see others that are going through the same things you may be going through. Life is a journey that has many difficulties but talking to others helps. Journaling is always a great way to express ourselves too. I do not spend a large amount of time with my breathing practices but like you, I do them during my breaks at work. It make the work day so much better and I am beginning to look at work a bit differently now. Yes it is still a job but I spend eight hours a day at work and I want to look at all the positive things that I can get from being there. I wish you the best in all you do and hope for a healthy mind-body and spiritual wellness for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Judy,
    It really is great that you have been able to see such an improvement in yourself psychologically and physically since Unit 3.
    You are absolutely right, it is really comforting to know that there are other people out there going through different problems in their lives which are similar to those you are dealing with yourself. It is such a nice feeling to know that no one is ever really alone on this journey we all share together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy:

    Great job and refocusing your energies and staying the path. You are so right, we all have different situations going on in our life, but I give you credit for staying the path to achieving your goals.

    It is so great how you have improved your overall well being, I really would like to do the same.

    Do you have any pointers?


    I see that journaling is a way that you have done that, so I will work on finding ways to accomplish this.

    Staying positive is also a part of appreciation and greatefulness practice. This is all part of the Loving-kindness exercise that we studied during our course this semester.

    Thanksfor bringingback to where I need to be to get back on track.

    Yours in health,

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete